2018 Fall Semester General Internship
Application Deadline: September 7, 2018
The US-China Education Trust (USCET) is seeking Fall Semester Interns. Internships at the US-China Education Trust are designed to provide practical experience in the non-profit sector, with significant exposure to the issues and organizations active in US-China relations. Students of junior/senior standing and graduate students are encouraged to apply. Tasks will vary according to the workflow of the organization and upcoming programs, but will include some or all of the following aspects:
Communications & Graphics
- Maintain website and write blog-style updates.
- Use InDesign for announcements and newsletters.
- Upload and publish program materials online.
- Assist in online program survey -- familiarity with MailChimp is a plus.
- Help maintain and update contacts and information database.
- Undertake various research projects for the organization. (e.g. grant opportunities, speakers backgrounds, developments in world affairs, support material for speeches).
- Assist in the translation of various documents and communications from Chinese to English and English to Chinese.
- Write initial drafts of communication and information material.
- General administrative tasks such as answering telephone, making travel and conference arrangements, maintaining office supplies, etc.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 months of prior internship experience, as well as an interest in public diplomacy, educational exchanges, nonprofit work and/or US-China relations. Chinese language ability is a plus. Interns will work a minimum of 20 hours per week. Part-time internships are unpaid. Students may apply for course credit at their home institutions. A stipend may be awarded based on merit at the end of the semester.
To apply, please send a cover letter describing your interest in USCET, resume (one page) and short writing sample (3 pages maximum) to email@example.com. To ensure your application is reviewed, please apply only during open periods.