USCET is currently recruiting for one open internship position.
Application deadline: Open until position is filled.
Position start date: Begin immediately.
Time commitment: 32 hours per week preferred.
Compensation: Full-time interns are eligible for $1300 stipend.
The US-China Education Trust (USCET) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, dedicated to strengthening mutual understanding between the United States and China through education and exchange for next-generation leaders. USCET works with Chinese academic institutions that comprise its 54-member American Studies Network and 39-member Media Education Consortium. Through conferences, seminars, fellowships, and professional training, USCET helps China's policymakers, university faculty, and students understand American society in the context of the political, cultural, and economic forces that have given rise to America and its values.
USCET seeks a self-motivated, highly organized and tech-savvy Communications and Program Intern to provide communication and programmatic support to the Chief Operating Officer and the President and work as part of a dynamic team. S/he plays a key role in supporting the implementation of ongoing programs as well as developing new initiatives addressing critical issues related to US-China relations. S/he is responsible for creating meaningful content for USCET’s social media presence and connecting with relevant audiences.
1. Communications and Outreach
- Conduct online communications - Write blog-type updates for USCET website, draft new website text/pages, draft announcements and newsletters for partners, and other web-content;
- Conduct social media communications - Update USCET social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Weibo, and other portals;
- Write initial drafts of speeches for USCET president.
- Create dynamic writing, graphics and video content, including invitations, brochures, and other materials for programs and events.
2. Program implementation - Assist in the implementation of program activities:
- Support the monitoring of program activities and the implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation plans;
- Assist in formulating program budgets, tracking the expenditure of funds, and administering financial transactions;
- Field and manage consultants and speakers, including drafting consultant contracts and monitoring deliverables and expenses;
- Travel to China with senior staff as needed and assist in making travel arrangements.
3. Grant writing and reporting - Contribute to the design and development of new initiatives:
- Conduct research to inform the development of new initiatives related to US-China relations;
- Write concept papers and develop grant proposals and budgets;
- Draft reports to donors, which may include individuals, foundations, and government agencies;
- Conduct other writing projects as assigned.
- Current graduate student or recently graduated students.
- Demonstrated academic and policy interests in international relations, diplomacy, and US-China relations.
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills.
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MailChimp, InDesign, PhotoShop, and web-based tools; graphic design skills desirable.
- Proficiency in written and oral Chinese preferred but not mandatory.
Part-time internships are unpaid or for college credit. Full-time interns who commit to 3 months during the summer are eligible for a $1300 stipend upon completion of the internship. Our internship program is only open to US citizens and permanent residents or students who are eligible to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor visas.
Full-time is defined as working 32 hours or more per week.
How to apply
- Send cover letter, resume, and 2 short writing samples of three pages each to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to know more information about USCET Internship, please check here: Intern Recruitment Page
- 2101 K Street, NW. Second Floor. Washington DC 20037